BIGINN Partnership invites SMEs, clusters, research centres and other scale-up organizations to explore the business and innovation potential with Big Science in Czech Republic on 13-17 June, 2022.
With ClusterXchange mobility scheme interested entities will be able to receive up to 610 Eur lump-sum for participation and other travel expenses.
During this Xchange participants will participate at the XXIII International Symposium on High-Power Laser Systems and Application (HPLS&A 2022), visit HiLASE Research centre, Extreme Light Infrastructure (ELI- Beamlines), learn more about fundamental as well as engineering aspects of innovative laser technologies along with their novel scientific and hi-tech industrial applications, discuss on technological bottlenecks, enabling concepts, original ideas, and networking.
Why to participate?
- Gain insights about possible business and/or innovation collaboration with ELI-Beams, HiLASE and other ecosystem players
- Broaden sector- and non-sector specific skills and knowledge through capacity building
- Expand network of contacts and develop new cross-border partnerships
- Find innovative solutions to upgrade business, products and services
- Create new business opportunities and get involved in new innovative projects
- Benefit from financial assistance for an exchange (up to 610 Eur co-finance lump-sum)
Programme at glance
Who can participate?
An eligible entity from COSME country (excl. Czech Republic, in this event) that is:
- A cluster or similar business network organization
- A scaling-up support organization (technology centre, research institute, fab-lab, resource-efficiency service provider, [digital] innovation hub, creative hub, incubator, or accelerator) that is a cluster or a similar business network organisation member
- A small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) that is a cluster or a similar business network organisation member
HiLASE (https://www.hilase.cz/en/) centre stands for top-class research that focus on the experimental development of a new generation of high energy diode-pumped solid state laser systems with high repetition rates. It is a part of the Institute of Physics, the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The present research programme of the Institute comprises five branches of physics: particle physics, the physics of condensed matter, solid state physics, optics and plasma physics.
ELI Beamlines (https://www.eli-beams.eu/) is a leading laser research centre and a part of ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) pan-European Research Infrastructure hosting the world’s most intense lasers. ELI provides unique tools of support for scientific excellence in Europe. ELI Beamlines develops and operates four leading edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedent intensities. It offers to its users unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles. These beamlines enable pioneering research not only in physics and material science, but also in life science, laboratory astrophysics, chemistry with strong application potential.
HPLS&A 2022 (https://www.hplsa2022.com/) – the XXIII International Symposium on High-Power Laser Systems and Applications. Starting from 1976, for more than forty years GCL&HPL (since 2012 renamed to HPLS&A) has always provided an excellent opportunity for researchers, engineers and end-users of high power lasers to exchange ideas, review the state-of-the-art and foresee emerging trends in the field.
BIGINN: A new beginning for business and Big Science Innovation project (www.biginn.eu) co-funded by COSME program (GA No. 101037928, COS-CLUSTER-2020-3-03-1). BIGINN partnership is willing to unlock the innovation potential of clusters in relationship with Big Science organizations and bring SMEs and other interested parties closer to Big Science market.